Every WJ Consulting coaching client is a partner in a collaborative relationship. My singular aim is to help the client access untapped potential in ways that are especially impactful but that may have seemed previously unavailable.
I combine my training, experience and resources as a certified leadership coach with my experience in business and management consulting. My understanding of business context and organizational dynamics informs the coaching process.
Each individual “coachee” (or client) — and often the client’s organization as well — drives the specific agenda, or coaching goals, while I serve as catalyst, navigator, questioner, and supporter. I help clients reframe their challenges and opportunities so that they can make new choices and changes that will yield dramatic results in terms of management effectiveness, professional accomplishment, and organizational results.
WJ Consulting coaching engagements typically follow these collaborative steps:
- Confirm coaching engagement terms
- Draft coaching goals
- Collect assessment data and stakeholder input
- Explore improvement possibilities
- Experiment and take action
- Reinforce learning, build on successes
- Evaluate results
- Plan to self-coach and sustain progress
Integration into Your Work
- The client’s commitment to embrace change — and let go of assumptions, feelings and behaviors that do not serve them
- Mutual trust and curiosity — an interest in greater self-awareness and new perspectives explored in a supportive, nonjudgmental environment
- Elevated accountability — with mutual follow through on commitments
- On the job learning — coached insights that get explored and developed on the job
- Support from the client’s organization and/or management
- A “ripple effect” of benefits, as other staff rise to a higher level of performance along with the coachee.